Saturday, August 16, 2008

Sightseeing in Seattle

Today Heidi drove to downtown Seattle and she, Linda, Janet and I went to Pike Place Market. This is the first visit to Seattle for my cousin, Linda, who lives in Chicago. She liked the market as well we do.

It was a hot day here - the temperature reached 94 degrees - but that didn't keep the crowds away. When we were near the fresh fish stands, I stood as close to the ice counters as possible.

The flowers - as always - we very beautiful. And cheap! There were small bouquets for as little as $3 and $5. It's fascinating for me to watch the women who create them. I talked to one of them today and she told me that her hands are sore every night when she gets home. It's always tempting to buy a bouquet to bring home on the plane (I've done it once), but I resisted.

Today I got to catch up with Hans and his family. Josiah sang a song to me about "accidents happen." It was really cute. Then Annika talked to me a little bit. It's a thrill for me to hear her say, "Hi Grandma."

Tomorrow we fly home. It's been a very nice vacation. I have loved being with my family and friends. I hope to write something about each day's events and include photos just as soon as I get a chance.

No comments: