Friday, August 15, 2008

Back on Land

When we awoke this morning, our ship was docked at the pier in Seattle. It was a very nice cruise - especially being with family and friends. I'll try to give more detail to the daily events in a few days, but for now, I'll just say that we're back and chilling out at Heidi and Chad's home. There is a small line to use the computer. And we're catching up on the Olympics. We have seen NONE of this event so far. News on the ship was mostly about the situation in Georgia and a couple of pieces on celebrities.

I could have been on the Internet while on the ship, but at $.55 a minute, I decided I could do without it. I did miss the daily contact, however. It's so funny how the computer has become so much a part of our daily lives.

I will tell you that Peder made it into the finals for the competition which was held last night. He was wonderful - great - one of the two best vocalists of the nine finalist (some shout, scream, or talk and they call it singing, but in my opinion, they are not), but a young man who sang Fight for Your Right to Party won. I thought he was a good actor, but not a good singer. Anyway, it was fun, and 18 of the 19 of us on board, were there to cheer for Peder. We had signs that read "Go Peder" and yelled, clapped and stood for his performance. He got a medal to wear around his neck (as in the Olympics) and a travel bag from the ship for competing.

No comments: