Friday, November 25, 2011
Today I put up my Christmas tree — outside, on my patio. With Nels and his love of chewing electrical chords, plus the temptation of climbing, I decided this was a better home for it. I put it outside the French doors on the patio. The lights are on a timer — coming on a dusk and staying on for four hours. It's a solution that works for me. I also put my wreath on my door. Also, this year, most of my Christmas decorations — at least any of the ones with electrical chords — will be in my cottage. It's hard to believe Christmas is a month from today!
Thursday, November 24, 2011
- First and foremost to me is my family. I have been blessed with 3 wonderful children who are now married and raising kids of their own, which gives me the blessing of 6 beautiful grand chilren, and #7 on the way!
- I have an amazing extended family — scattered from Minnesota to New Jersey, to Illinois and Indiana, and to Arizona and Colorado.
- I have friends — an abundance of friends — and they, too, mean so much to me.
- I live in a good home, in a nice neighborhood; have a good car; and a good job (and a loving cat).
- I attend and am a member of an inspirational church with a pastor who after 35 years in our pulpit, is retiring at the end of this year (I am going to miss him and his wife so much!).
- While I've had some health issues this year, I am still alive and kicking (just not high), and am on the mend.
- I have new eye balls (sort of), and don't have to wear glasses!
- I live in a free country and have the privilege of voting and expressing my opinions.
God continues to watch over me and my family, and for that, I am extremely grateful. Even though saying good-bye to my Aunt Liz this year has been very difficult, He gives me comfort, knowing I will see her again someday.
Happy Thanksgiving! May God bless you.
Sunday, November 20, 2011
Friday, November 18, 2011
Per usual, I carefully carried my tray to the cottage. I put the tray on the floor and closed my screen door behind me. Picking up my glass of orange juice, I reached over my lap top which was sitting on my ottoman, to put the glass on the coaster (the lap top lid was closed), when it slipped out of my hand and spilled on the lap top. Juice was rolling off of it onto the carpet. I quickly got a bath towel and proceeded to wipe it off. I then moved it to the floor and continued the cleaning up process.
After eating my dinner and cleaning up the kitchen, I sat in the cottage and turned on my computer. Everything worked fine for about an hour, and then the screen went wacky - black streaks darted here and there, and then I saw smoke coming from the right hand hinge. I quickly pulled the power cord out and that was it! It stunk, and died.
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
Saturday, November 12, 2011
Friday, November 11, 2011
11-11-11. What a date! Interestingly, I found this when I looked at Wikipedia for the history of Veterans Day: Major hostilities of World War I were formally ended at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918 with the German signing of the Armistice.