Friday, November 18, 2011


Last night was not one of my better nights. I came home from work tired, hungry, and feeling a little overwhelmed at all I had to accomplish yet. I changed clothes and started the laundry, fed Nels, after petting him a bit, and started my simple dinner: tomato soup, toast and orange juice. My head was feeling thick and cloudy (this stupid cold!), and all I wanted to do was sit in front of the TV, watch the news, and fill my tummy.

Per usual, I carefully carried my tray to the cottage. I put the tray on the floor and closed my screen door behind me. Picking up my glass of orange juice, I reached over my lap top which was sitting on my ottoman, to put the glass on the coaster (the lap top lid was closed), when it slipped out of my hand and spilled on the lap top. Juice was rolling off of it onto the carpet. I quickly got a bath towel and proceeded to wipe it off. I then moved it to the floor and continued the cleaning up process.

After eating my dinner and cleaning up the kitchen, I sat in the cottage and turned on my computer. Everything worked fine for about an hour, and then the screen went wacky - black streaks darted here and there, and then I saw smoke coming from the right hand hinge. I quickly pulled the power cord out and that was it! It stunk, and died.


Pat said...

So will you have to go computer shopping? That is too bad. Didn't realize they were that touchy. You must be posting from another computer.

Heidi said...

When I first opened the page I thought it said fired. I was shocked you would announce that on your blog. I don't know when you will read this, but I hope you get your computer fixed soon. I hope this computer thing isn't going to spread to more family members.

DD4 said...

I ended up buying a new computer today. From now on, I'll be very careful with any food in the area