Sunday, May 18, 2008

Happy 4th Birthday, Josiah!

Today we are celebrating Josiah's birthday (the acutal date is tomorrow, but the party was today). This morning Josiah, Hans and I went shopping for helium baloons, fresh flowers, the birthday cake and ice cream. Rachel and Annika stayed home and prepared (I'm possitive it was Rachel who did the work while trying to keep Annika entertained) a delicious dinner. The invited guests were the family from the downstairs apartment - mom and her two sons. Her husband has been deployed for the past six months and is due to return to Germany in the next few weeks.

Josiah chose a Cars birthday cake - complete with a race track and model car of Cars. It was very cute and meant more to me because we watched the movie of the same name since I have been here. We have also watched Finding Nemo and last night Hans and I watched the first part of Star Wars. It is probably one of Hans' all-time-favorite movies, and I have never watched it. We'll try to watch the remaining scenes yet today.

Josiah has grown up so much in the past year. I love his sweet voice. He still likes the Thomas and Friends trains. Many of his birthday gifts were new trains. Happy Birthday, Josiah! I'm glad I got to come to your party.

No comments: