Sunday, December 23, 2007

Family Christmas

Yesterday I rode to Rochester with Heidi and Chad for our family Christmas get-together with Janet, Jerry, and Lynn and her family. It was so much fun seeing Heidi and Chad again. They both look great! The weather was a little "iffy" as we had rain and dropping temperatures in the morning, followed by heavy snow, so Peder, Sarah and Aurelia decided it wasn't wise to chance it. We missed having them along.

Janet and Lynn had prepared a delicious supper of home-made bread and home-made chicken noodle soup, plus lots of Christmas cookies and candies. We also had a wonderful plum pudding that Aunt Liz had made and sent along with me. Thank you, Aunt Liz. Chad's girlfriend, Katie, thought it was good. Heidi took a little bite of mine to see if her tastes had changed, and once again she didn't care for it. Bless her heart for trying it. That's okay. No matter how much people like their coffees and teas, I find them both to be distasteful.

We enjoyed a good time of visiting and opening gifts. It was great to see everyone again.

This morning I am home due to a furnace issue (it didn't want to operate). Since it is very cold here today [12 degrees with a windchill of -12, and snowing], I knew I had to get it taken care of as soon as possible. I phoned my utility company and they gave me a "window" of time for the repair man to come: 6:16 am - 3:30 pm. I would call that a "door" or "wall" of time. Anyway, he arrived at 8:45, removed the cover on the furnace, and immediately said it was dirty. He cleaned the carbon buildup from the igniting wire and some lint from a couple of other places, and said it should be just fine. He did some testing, and left. I was so happy it was a quick fix.

No comments: