Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Christmas Parties
























































Along with the concerts and pageants this past eight days, I have attended two wonderful Christmas parties (Yes, remember I said I have been busy! I haven't been home in the evening since Tuesday, December 4.).
The first was Sunday evening following our final Christmas concert. I was invited to dinner at the home of my friend, Nancy. It was a great time of fun and relaxation. The guests included some of my choir friends along with long-time friends of Nancy. The new acquaintances were interesting and provided fascinating conversation. The dinner was delicious! Also, it was fun to see her Christmas decorations.

Last night our knitting club held a Swedish smorgasbord at the home of one of the members. Each person wore a Christmas sweater and brought a Swedish dish. The menu looked something like this: Fruit Soup, Swedish meatballs, scalloped potatoes, rice pudding, herring (I stayed away from this), lefse, tack bread & cheese, beet pickles, Julbrod, krumcake, almond cake, Swedish Puff, lingonberry bread, peppercaker (ginger cookies) and Kristall Julmust (Swedish root beer). After dinner we voted for the prettiest and ugliest Christmas sweater. Mine was neither. Then we played a game with the white elephant gifts we brought, followed by singing a Swedish/Norwegian song. During the singing we got the giggles and laughed and laughed. It was another fun night!

No comments: