Monday, December 10, 2007

The Christmas Story




Tonight at tutoring Rosy read parts of the Christmas story from Isaiah and the Gospels. She needed help with some of the words, but she's only in first grade. I think she's doing very well. Each week she works on a memory verse. Again, she is doing very well. After we completed the Bible worksheet, I brought out a little cloth nativity set and a simple book about the Christmas story I bought to share with Josiah and Annika when they were here a couple of weeks ago. Rosy's eyes lit up. She was excited about touching the figures and used an illustration in the book for placing the figures just so. She told me there is a baby Jesus laying in straw at the church she attends.

I'm really enjoying our Monday nights together. She and the other children are very sweet.

No comments: