Saturday, August 08, 2009

"Julie & Julia"

If you like any of the following: cooking, cooking shows, writing, blogging, Paris, or Meryl Streep, I recommend the film just out this week, Julie and Julia. It is a bit of a chick flick, but has some great music, a few classic cars, lots of yummy looking food, and great acting, at least in my opinion.

I don't have a fancy cable package with my TV, so the only cooking shows I'm offered are on two Public TV channels. Just recently they have been showing some reruns of Julia Child when she hosted guests chefs. So, I've never seen her do the cooking, but have learned to recognize her voice and mannerisms. Meryl, as always, did an excellent job playing Julia's character. In reading the reviews before going to the movie, I learned Julia was 6' 1" tall. So Meryl wears shoes that must contain lifts. Plus, I read when she was shown cooking in a kitchen, she was actually standing on a little box. I won't tell you any more about it, except this: for all the bloggers in my family, it's a MUST SEE. You'll love the part of the blogging.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm not a blogger, but yes, Meryl Streep did an INCREDIBLE job in portraying Julia Child! Amy Adams, Chris Messina & Stanley Tucci were outstanding as well!

But it wasn't just a chic-flick (as I thought I'd be yawning through it...), it was funny, and had a fascinating story line. It even had 2 good, supportive, faithful husbands as well (ok, they weren't perfect husbands.....but hey, who is?)