Friday, August 07, 2009

It's Been a Good Week

I've had a very good week, what with my birthday and all. Thank you for all of the kind greetings, phone calls, beautiful cards, gifts and flowers. I could go on and on. I had a delicious birthday cake at the office party my department gave me - even brought home the left-over cake. Yum!

I'm enjoying my flowers on my patio. Thanks to Aurelia who gave them such good care last weekend. It's a joy to sit there and relax.

Last night, after reading Rachel's blog, I grilled a steak and fixed an ear of sweet corn. Oh my! What a delicious dinner! I capped it off with the last piece of birthday cake. This coming Sunday, some of my friends and I are going to a Jewish deli (Crossroads Deli) to celebrate my birthday. This is one of my favorite restaurants. After that, I need to get serious about what goes into my mouth, if you know what I mean!

Today we're getting some much needed rain. We have been in a drought for the past two years. This morning the radio announcer said we have a deficit of 17 to 18 inches! It's especially noticeable in the area lakes.

No comments: