Saturday, July 28, 2007

Les Misérables

Last night I had the privilege of attending the performance of Minnetonka High School's rendition of Les Misérables. Two of the leading roles, Cosette and Gavroche, were played by children of one of my choir mates, Mary. Talk about a cast of talented young people. It was very impressive.
This was a shortened version of the original Broadway musical-- only 90 minutes -- exactly the allowed time limit for the performance at The Fringe, Edinburgh, Scotland, where this cast will perform next week. 46 schools from the United States won the right to perform there this year- 2 schools from Minnesota - Minnetonka and Buffalo. It was a delightful evening, bringing back pleasant memories of seeing the Broadway production at the Ordway some years ago. I sure wish I could accompany these young people when they leave next Tuesday! I'm sure they will have the time of their lives!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for putting this in/on your Blog! I wondered how it went...and, now I know :). I trust the Minnetonka HS will brilliantly out-do the competition!