Sunday, June 21, 2009

A very good read: DEWEY

I've just finished wiping my eyes and blowing my nose. I completed reading a very good book: Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World by Vicki Myron with Bret Witter. It's a true story that takes place in Spencer, Iowa - an account of a young kitten that had been cruelly dropped into the book return slot of a library on the coldest night of the year and found the next morning under a pile of books, with frozen feet, by the librarian. He ended up living in the library, charming patrons, staff and visitors for the next nineteen years. He became world famous - not just because he was a beautiful cat, but because he seemed to know just what people needed and when they needed it. If you're looking for a good read, check it out.

1 comment:

Pat said...

I aqm going to the library and put my name in for getting this book. Thanks for the book report.