Saturday, June 06, 2009

Off to Branson

In a little over an hour, Peder and Aurelia will be picking me up to drive me to the airport. I'm flying to Branson to visit my dear friends, Lil and Jim. I'm looking forward to spending some time with them again.

Lil and I became friends on March 8, 1988. She and Jim came to the rescue many times in those first years of me and the kids living on our own. They helped get our house repaired and updated - and later sold, were my support group when I had had two major surgeries, treated me to trips up north to their beautiful cabin in Lutsen, showed me how their faith brought them through struggles, and so many, many more things - too numerous to list. When they left Minnesota about 10 or so years ago, to move to Branson, I was sad. I wasn't sure what the distance would do to our friendship. I am pleased to say that we are still "best" friends. Oh, we don't talk on the phone everyday like we used to, and we see each other about two or three times a year, but we are still strongly connected.

1 comment:

Pat said...

I know you are going to have a great time with Jim & Lil. Friends like them are the greatest treasure anyone can have. I know you know that better than anybody. I will want to hear about the Branson trip and how Lil & Jim are doing.