Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Edelweiss

Edelweiss
While in Germany I searched and searched for Edelweiss seeds. I saw them at a rest stop last year when our choir was en route to Salzburg. Lesson learned: buy them when you see them because you may not see them again. This year my search was fruitless. However, in one attempt to find them, Rachel dropped me off at a big store - something like our Home Depot. I looked around until I found the gardening center, but sadly I found no Edelweiss seeds. I picked up some other flower seeds and proceeded to the check-out line, and lo and behold, there was a pot of blooming Edelweiss. In the best German I could muster, I asked the clerk if the pot was "for sale." She indicated it was, so I bought it for Rachel.
I continued to look for seeds in every store I entered, but found none.

No comments: