Saturday, June 20, 2009

"Up" with Rosy

I hadn't seen Rosy since I went to her First Communion on May 3. Since I got out of work yesterday at noon, I phoned her to see if she was free and would like to go to dinner and a movie with me. She asked her daddy and he said it was fine. We chose to go to Up, the 3-D version. The 3-dimensional format was a new experience for her- - an old memory for me.

In my memory as a kid, the 3-D movies were rather frequent. The glasses were cardboard frames with one red and one blue lens. The new 3-D movie from Pixar is very well done. The glasses are hard, black plastic. The lenses are light gray. And in keeping with the times, receptacles are outside the theater asking patrons to deposit the glasses after the movie for recycling. Rosy and I chose to keep ours - for a souvenir. She thought her little sister would enjoy playing with them.

Up was very well done - both visually and content-wise. I looked over at Rosy a few times to see if she was enjoying it and she was thoroughly engrossed. I heard her laugh during different scene. While watching this film, I thought to myself: this is a movie my Aunt Liz should definitely see. I also thought of others. So, if you haven't seen it, and can see the 3-D version (both with and without were offered at this theater), I would highly recommend it. I'll go again with Sarah, if it's okay with her.

For dinner, Rosy chose the Rainforest Cafe at the Mall of America. This is our second time eating at this restaurant. We were seated next to an aquarium, which is a wonderful spot. The food was good, our conversation fun.

1 comment:

Pat said...

How fun!! What a great relationship you and Rosie have. That is something to be treasured.