Friday, December 05, 2008

It's Been a Very Busy Week!

Well, it's Friday, and my work week (Tuesday through today) has been very busy. I've made a visit to my doctor to have my ribs x-rayed and got the good news that I DON'T have a broken rib. The cartilage was irritated a bit, but it is feeling so much better already. I also paid a visit to a Podiatrist (referred by my doctor) to have more attention given to the Plantar Fasciitis. The Podiatrist gave me another cortisone shot and recommended an exercise that seems to be helping a lot. He told me not to go bare or stocking footed in my home - not even to the bathroom during the night. I have to follow that advice until I am healed.

I have been striving to make up the hours I was off on Monday, so have worked extra hours with short lunch breaks all week. By staying until 5:30 tonight, I will have only missed 2.25 hours on Monday. Every little bit helps toward taking one or one and a half days off while Chad, Heidi, Marshall and Brian are here around Christmas. :-)

This weekend will be packed full too. Here's a run-down:

Saturday:

  • Choir rehearsal in the morning.
  • Lunch with a couple of friends.
  • Christmas tour of three homes in Edina.
  • Make rosettes and krumkake with my friend, Nancy.

Sunday

  • Sing at church.
  • Go with friends to St. Peter, MN, to the Scandinavian smorgasboard and Christmas concert given by the Gustavus Adolfus choir.

Monday

  • Mammogram first thing in the morning (fun)
  • Work
  • Tutor Rosy

Tuesday

  • Work
  • Wash clothes and tidy my house.

Wednesday

  • Work
  • Special lunch
  • Choir rehearsal

Thursday

  • Work
  • Special lunch
  • Weight Watchers (just weigh in)
  • Choir dress rehearsal

Friday

  • Work
  • First Christmas concert

Saturday

  • Christmas shop
  • Second Christmas Concert

Sunday

  • Sing at the Morning Worship service
  • Final Christmas Concert
  • Dinner with Janet, Jerry, Sandra and Jim (I haven't asked them yet, but hope they will say "yes.")

And then we're back to Monday already and many things will repeat - all except the concerts.

December is always a busy month. Somewhere in there I need to decorate my house and address Christmas cards and do more shopping. There hasn't even been time to search the Internet for gifts. But, I'm not complaining. I love Christmas - the music, the lights, the pageants, the concerts, getting together with family and friends, receiving greetings from friends and family. I'm especially happy that I have seen all of my kids - and all of the grand kids this year. I will miss having Hans, Rachel, Josiah and Annika at our Christmas gatherings, but am thrilled for them to be spending Christmas in Rome this year. Talk about a gift! I'm sure they will always remember it.

So, that's it. I'm busy, but surviving. I hope all is well with you.

2 comments:

MamaD4 said...

Good Lord, yes, you are a busy woman.

I think you should take January off!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you have a lot scheduled. Glad to hear about your rib not being too serious. But that darn plantar fascitis--need to get that conquered. Sounds like you are trying. You sure are putting in long hours at work. You must be exhausted when you climb into bed at night. Everything you are doing seems so worthwhile and that must make you feel good. Like you said even as busy as you are you still enjoy it.

Take care.
Pat