I have been striving to make up the hours I was off on Monday, so have worked extra hours with short lunch breaks all week. By staying until 5:30 tonight, I will have only missed 2.25 hours on Monday. Every little bit helps toward taking one or one and a half days off while Chad, Heidi, Marshall and Brian are here around Christmas. :-)
This weekend will be packed full too. Here's a run-down:
- Choir rehearsal in the morning.
- Lunch with a couple of friends.
- Christmas tour of three homes in Edina.
- Make rosettes and krumkake with my friend, Nancy.
- Sing at church.
- Go with friends to St. Peter, MN, to the Scandinavian smorgasboard and Christmas concert given by the Gustavus Adolfus choir.
- Mammogram first thing in the morning (fun)
- Tutor Rosy
- Wash clothes and tidy my house.
- Special lunch
- Choir rehearsal
- Special lunch
- Weight Watchers (just weigh in)
- Choir dress rehearsal
- First Christmas concert
- Christmas shop
- Second Christmas Concert
- Sing at the Morning Worship service
- Final Christmas Concert
- Dinner with Janet, Jerry, Sandra and Jim (I haven't asked them yet, but hope they will say "yes.")
And then we're back to Monday already and many things will repeat - all except the concerts.
December is always a busy month. Somewhere in there I need to decorate my house and address Christmas cards and do more shopping. There hasn't even been time to search the Internet for gifts. But, I'm not complaining. I love Christmas - the music, the lights, the pageants, the concerts, getting together with family and friends, receiving greetings from friends and family. I'm especially happy that I have seen all of my kids - and all of the grand kids this year. I will miss having Hans, Rachel, Josiah and Annika at our Christmas gatherings, but am thrilled for them to be spending Christmas in Rome this year. Talk about a gift! I'm sure they will always remember it.
So, that's it. I'm busy, but surviving. I hope all is well with you.