Thursday, December 18, 2008

Hard Days

Tuesday night my car wouldn't start after work. Fun! It was about 10 below zero, and snowing to beat the band. After trying a couple of times, I snagged a ride home with a co-worker and my car stayed at the office over-night, getting dumped on.

Wednesday, also the day of our company Christmas pot-luck dinner and little party, I got a ride to work from another dear co-worker. Once at work, I had to arrange for a tow truck and had my fingers crossed that the repair shop would be able to figure out what was wrong and have it repaired by the end of the work day. I had already arranged for a ride to choir if they didn't, so I wasn't too worried about that. These are such busy days!

Anyway, I called the shop toward the end of the work day and they said they had to replace my battery. They couldn't get it to charge, even with their heavy-duty charger. Fortunately for me, it was under warranty and I only had to pay for the labor (which is enough). After paying for the service, I went out to my car (which I had already started with my automatic car starter). But the ice on the windows from the night before was incredibly thick, so I had to scrape and scrape and scrape. In the process, one of the windshield wipers broke! Luckily, the next door shop had new ones and installed them for me.

With all of the Christmas preparation, rehearsals, etc., I didn't need this, but it's past me now and I'm moving on. I hope you are doing well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate that when that happens. As if there isn't enough in life to deal with and on a cold, snowy day to boot. Grrr. Well like you said it is behind you now. See you Saturday.

Pat

MamaD4 said...

Things happen in threes, so: battery, ice scraping, windshield wiper breaking.

I think you're good.