Sunday, December 21, 2008

Fröhliche Weihnachten

Today I heard from Rachel, Annika, Hans and Josiah. First Rachel said, "Someone wants to talk to you." Next I heard the sweetest little voice saying, "Hi Grandma. Merry Christmas." She went on to tell me she was wearing a bracelet. I asked her if she had snow in her yard. She answered, "I don't have a yard. I have a garden." It was so cute. She talked a lot - I'm not sure what all she said, but I loved every minute of our conversation. Thank you, Annika. That was a perfect Christmas present to me.

Rachel and Hans visited with me for awhile, which is always so nice. It makes the distance seem much closer - instead of "across the pond." I told them of my Christmas plans with Heidi and Peder and their families.

Another angelic voice, Josiah, came on the phone and said, "Feliz Navidad." It was darling. Next he said, "Fröhliche Weihnachten," which is Merry Christmas in German. I taught him to also say, "Buon Natale," which is Italian. (For more ways to say Merry Christmas, look here.)


Thank you for calling. You made my day!

No comments: