Tuesday, August 14, 2007

We're Gotten More Rain

Since my last post, we have had about 5 or 6 additional inches of rain. It has really been something. We got 4 inches just last night.

All but two folks in my department lost their electricity early Saturday morning and 3 of them were without it until yesterday. The other two were without it until today. Some lost trees. I am thankful that didn't happen to me. I had a candle burning and my battery operated radio out last night just in case. The rain started around 11:30 and it sounded like a train. I thought, "Could this be what they mean when they are referring to the sound of a tornado?" But then concluded it was just the wind. Peder made the same comment on his blog today, so I know it isn't my hearing going bad!

The good thing is we are no longer considered to be in a severe drought.

No comments: