Sunday, September 10, 2006

My Grandchildren


















I have just been with my darling grandchildren - Josiah and Annika. It was so much fun!!!!

I hadn't seen them since March, the night before my brother and I left Japan to return to the U.S. At that time, Annika was only 5 weeks old, Josiah 22 months. My, how they've changed in the past 6 months. Annika, who was beautiful then, is even more beautiful now. She has lovely brown hair and gorgeous brown eyes. And her smile - - well, it is infectious! She put up no resistance when I picked her up to hold her.

The next thrill was when Josiah called me "Grandma." He didn't need to be told that I was his grandma, he already knew. He took me by the hand to show something to me. And later in the evening, at a wedding reception for his uncle, he again took my hand, indicating he wanted to dance with me. Oh, he's quite a little dancer too!

His mommy and daddy are doing a great job at parenting. Josiah is polite, he puts his toys away, and he talks so grown up. I can't wait to see all of them again!

2 comments:

j said...

Those are great pictures, but I really LOVE your glasses. They look really sharp on you!

DD4 said...

Thank you, Jodi.