Sunday, September 24, 2006

Janette Oke




This year our company is celebrating it's 50th anniversary. To celebrate the occasion, a dinner party was held this past weekend. I returned from Rhode Island early just to attend this event as my favorite author, who is also a friend of mine, was going to be one of the honored guests. She is Janette Oke, author of the books Love Comes Softly, which are also being made into Hallmark movies for the Hallmark Channel. We haven't seen each other since around 1980. Also present were an additional two of my favorite authors, Beverly Lewis and Lauraine Snelling. It was a wonderful evening with good visiting, delicious food, and fantastic entertainment.

My good friend, Nancy, joined me for the evening. She said she enjoyed meeting my fellow co-workers and couldn't help but feel the "family-type" atmosphere we share with one another.

No comments: