Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thankfulness




My list will always start with my kids and their kids. I feel so blessed to have three wonderful adult children. I love their spouses and their children—my precious grandchildren.

I am so thankful for my brother who has always been there for me. He is one of the kindest people I know, and he has a servant heart. This past year he has had some health issues, but he rose to the challenge and has been making better choices. I'm happy to report he is feeling so much better.

My sister is a blessing to me, too. She is a friend and a good listener, and always makes me feel welcome. This past summer she was in a car crash and had to have surgery on her ankle. After much rest and physical therapy, she is doing quite well. I'm thankful both she and my brother have a new, single level home, making life so much easier for them.

God has blessed me with extended family members, too. Many of us gathered this past spring for the funeral of my oldest cousin, Beulah. In June we gathered in Lake Crystal to bury the ashes of my dear Uncle Allan. Then in September many of us were privileged to witness the wedding of our cousin Lorna to Nick. Each of these times were precious.

I am blessed with dear, dear friends. If I started to name them, it would be quite a long list. We have fun and encourage one another. I'm thankful for each and every one of them.

My job continues to bless me. In spite of the big remodeling going on in our office the past few months, I have gotten to meet some very fine people: our new landlords and the people working for them, the project manager, the carpenters and even the carpet installer. I never would have met them had our building not been sold.

I'm thankful for Nels, my cat. He's always glad to see me when I come home and he loves snuggling with me when I'm off in dreamland.

It's amazing how many things go on our list when we just sit for awhile and think about it. God is so good. My list would not be complete without thanking Him for making all of this possible. Thank You, Lord.

No comments: