Saturday, November 29, 2014

American Swedish Institute at Christmas Time

Today I went back to the American Swedish Institute with my friend Sharon and her two daughters, Jennifer and Rebecca. The former Turnblad home was fully decorated for Christmas. I am 1/8th Swedish, so I guess that's why I'm drawn to this home and the decorations. I have many of the same straw ornaments that decorate this tree, but have not put it out since Nels came to live with me. I hate to think of the destruction he would do to it.


Jennifer, Sharon and Rebecca
This table was really neat! I love the dishes.

Notice the felt mitten with the knife and fork tucked inside. These would be easy to make. 

I loved this tree skirt and the Swedish gift wrapping on these packages. 

This room has one of the 18 ceramic stoves. Each one is different and very pretty. All of us loved this room. Years ago I cross-stitched an advent calendar similar to the royal blue wall hanging to the right of the stove. I need to look for it.  


I love this stacking set of felt bowls. 

After touring the mansion, we ate lunch in the fabulous Swedish restaurant adjacent to the museum. Again I had the meatballs with mashed potatoes, lingonberries, mustard sauce with an accent of cucumbers. It was delicious!


No comments: