Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Just when I thought things couldn't get worse . . .

So before I arrived at the office today, the workmen had cut out most of the soffit, getting ready for the six steal beams that have to go up to support the new floor on our second floor. There were pieces of metal and sheet rock all over our former lobby. 


All of this debris was soon carted outside to the dumpster.
Quite the lobby, right?

Mid-morning, another crew arrived and used a power shovel to loosen the compacted sand and dug it out making the whole deeper, about 3-1/2 feet. We have two holes this size where cement will soon be poured for footings. 
At 4 o'clock, the office manager called me to the upstairs railing to see our reception desk being taken apart.
Our reception desk is being moved into a temporary space at the north end of the building. I helped move a bunch of the stuff and came home exhausted! Now I'm told the main telephone cannot be moved until sometime tomorrow afternoon, so I guess tomorrow morning I'll be sitting out in the open with no desk. It's going to be interesting. 


No comments: