Sunday, December 15, 2013

Mt. Fuji

On Sunday, Hans drove Steve and me over to see Mt. Fuji. It was a wonderful time of visiting while seeing some of Japan. Approaching the mountain, most of it was cloud covered. Hans was really disappointed in this, but of course, could do nothing about it. However, on our route we drove through a lengthy tunnel, and when we came out on the other side, there was Mt. Fuji in all her splendor! She had some snow on the top.

(Please ignore the buildings in the foreground.)

I spotted this Kentucky Fried Chicken and asked to eat here. I was glad Hans and Steve agreed. From our table we could see Mt. Fuji while listening to Josh Groben singing I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas. I said, "It doesn't get any better than this!"


I bought a couple of Christmas gifts here.

After eating, we drove to a shrine at the foot of Mt. Fuji. The entrance of the shrine is really pretty, cement lanterns lining the way. The large trees were towering over the shrine. I thought they might be sequoias, but learned later they are cedar. 




I like standing by this tree because it makes me feel thin!


These large rope ties were were really interesting. 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those cedars are magnificent, Donna. Thanks for sharing.

Dave H.