Friday, December 27, 2013

After Christmas Get-together

Yesterday I took the day off from work and prepared for a little "after Christmas" supper with a few of my friends. It was nice to have time to prepare food and set my table. 
 

 
Each year I look forward to putting these Christmas plates and figures on my dining room shelf. They are made in Norway and bring a smile to my face.
 

 
I had invited my Cousin Pat for supper, too, but she had another obligation so she and our friend, Kris, came over early in the afternoon. We had a very good visit, and Pat gave me one of her plum puddings that she lovingly made. Our family can't make or eat English plum pudding without remembering Aunt Liz and our grandma, from whom we got the recipe. 

 
Seated at my table from L to R are Marie (age 90!), Pam, and Nancy. We had a very nice evening together.
 
 
For our dessert, we had the plum pudding with vanilla sauce. Pat, it was delicious! Thank you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful dinner it was and what a great time we had in your gorgeous home. Nels, you were a big hit!