Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Leaving on a jet plane . . .



My bags are packed and tomorrow morning I will be on my way to Japan where I will have the honor of seeing my son, Hans, be promoted to Commanding Officer of one of our nations finest guides missile destroyers. I've been looking forward to this for a very long time now. I can't wait to see him and his family. Josiah is 9 years old now, Annika is 7 (almost 8), and William is 4. I haven't seen the kids or Rachel since August and haven't seen Hans since the beginning of July.

I'm looking forward to seeing Japan again, too (I was there in 2006 when Annika was only 3 weeks old.), because I think it's a very interesting country. I loved seeing the way they respect one another. And I couldn't get over their cleanliness. I remember thinking our country looked so dirty when I came back home. It made me so that I stoop to pick up trash when I see it now.

I will post more as I'm able.


No comments: