Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Pippi Longstocking

Not all of my vacation is being spent touring Germany. I've had the privilege of walking Josiah and Annika to their respective schools and walking Will in his stroller. Just last night Josiah, Annika and I watched Mary Poppins. Annika thought it was lasting too long, but Josiah seemed to enjoy most all of it. We had the English subtitles on so that I wouldn't miss any of the conversations - plus the British English is sometimes missed by me. For Josiah, he was able to sing along with Feed the Birds and Let's Go Fly a Kite. I heard him humming Let's Go Fly a Kite as he went to bed right after the conclusion of the movie.

Last week I started reading Pippi Longstocking to Annika and Josiah. This is a book I missed reading in my childhood. After reading a couple of chapters, I was into it and decided to finish it. What a character Pippi was! Astrid Lindgren was a fantastic author. This book was first published in 1945. I guess it was about time I read it.

No comments: