Sunday, November 23, 2008

Lovely Day at Heidi & Chad's



This marks my third vacation this year, but by far it has been the most restful vacation I can recall. I am having the privilege of sitting for hours rocking my newest grandson, Marshall. He seems to love being held by me, and the feeling is mutual. He drinks his bottle, coos, and grips my thumb as he sleeps. It's all so cute.

Both Brian (their beautiful Golden Retriever) and I are too gimped up to go for walks, so that part of being out in Seattle is unusal. He had surgery in October because he tore his ACL. And I'm still dealing with the Plantar Fasciitis. Actually, Brian is bored; I am just taking this time to relax.

3 comments:

MamaD4 said...

That does sound nice and restful. I could go for some of that about now, after 15 days of chasing Josiah and Annika around! They only stay that little for such a short time and then they get to be four and are too "cool" to sit on Grandma's lap, so take advantage of it while you can!

Hope your foot feels better soon.

Anonymous said...

Marshall takes the best pictures! I love the one with his little finger in his mouth. He is just SO cute! I hope Heidi has been resting much.

What will you do for Thanksgiving?

Unknown said...

Hi, I'm soooo glad you got away (wow, reeeally far away from here :) and you're enjoying your new grandson. I trust this time of cuddling with Marshall will also give your foot a chance to get a break it's (may have) been needing....

Bless ya -
Enjoy!