Monday, February 11, 2008

Survived the Weekend!

Yes, I survived the weekend, but when I had to go outside, it was brutal. Leaving for church yesterday the temperature was minus 14 with a wind-chill of minus 47. Thankfully, my car started and the roads were clear. Attendance in church was down a bit, but spirits were up. That's the thing about Minnesotans - - we may grumble about the weather, but we are survivors.

After church my theater friends and I went out for brunch at a local hotel. The food was delicious, and I ate way too much! Then on to the theater to see The Fantasticks. The acting was super; the singing lovely; the set was simple; the costumes were okay; the story was very weak. I had a hard time staying awake because of over-eating and the lousy tale. Oh well, they can't all be "winners."

Last night I bawled through the two hour TV show Extreme Home Makeover and then put together all of my paperwork to have my taxes done. That's a good feeling - getting the paperwork together, not the bawling. :-) And then the ten minute weekend was over.

No comments: