Monday, October 22, 2007

Up North - Day 3


Today we had a delicious Swedish pancake breakfast before going to church. When church was over, we went for brunch at The Quarter Deck on Gull Lake. What a huge lake! It was very beautiful, with lots of gorgeous homes/cabins around the perimeter. We saw two beautiful deer by the side of the road. I didn't take any photos as it was raining again.
One thing I failed to mention earlier is that before each meal we had over the weekend, we sang a different prayer for our blessing. Since all of us are in our church choir, the harmony was lovely.
After brunch we did more shopping at Nordic Living - a beautiful Scandinavian store. Following that, we drove back to the cabin, packed up our treasures, and headed for home. It was such a fun time - but I'm a little tired.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm soooo glad to hear you had a super-duper and safe weekend with the ladies 'up nortd'! ;-D)

What a shocker Monday must be for you, huh. Well, we're all in the same 'boat' I think - it is for me, too!

Hava-good day!

Brian said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I am glad.

Anonymous said...

What a fun way to remember the important days in your life ! ( and the not so important ) It was great to be included.........we did have fun, didn't we?!

Pat