Saturday, October 27, 2007

Sweet Aurelia




Today I got to visit Peder and sweet Aurelia. Well, they're both sweet, but I think you know what I mean. When I walked into the living room, there she was in her little jump seat, wide awake. Immediately she got a great, big smile on her face. I knelt down and got close to her. She cooed and smiled, her blue eyes communicating with mine. I hadn't seen her in two or three weeks, and I could see that she has changed. What a doll! We chatted and chatted. I'm sure she was saying, "Grandma, I'm so glad you came to see me." I showed her the little Halloween treats I brought her, and I think she liked them.

After a half hour or so, I got to give her my first bottle. What fun that was. While holding her, I kept thinking how much she looks like Peder and Hans, with Heidi's eyes. I imagine Sarah's mom thinks she looks like Sarah or Ryan. Do we see only what we want to see? I'm not sure.

When her bottle was nearly empty, her eyes got heavy and I gave her to Peder. It was time for me to leave, so Peder popped a Dr Who into the VCR and said he and Aurelia were going to lie down on the couch. I sure enjoyed my visit. The only disappointments were not getting to see Sarah, and forgetting my camera at home!

No comments: