Thursday, December 13, 2012

Company Christmas Party



Last night Peder was my guest at our company's Christmas party. After eating dinner at The Old Spaghetti Factory, we walked over to the new Guthrie Theater to see Dickens' A Christmas Carol. Before entering the theater, Peder and I went out to the "unending bridge," a neat, glassed, outdoor area over-looking the Mississippi River, the Stone Arch Bridge, and the new 35W bridge. Both bridges were decked out in lights. It was just beautiful!  If I had a good camera, I would have gotten a shot of the bridges. One needs a finer instrument than mine!

The play was done in two acts. The sets, the costumes, the singing, the acting, and the special effects were wonderful! The only down side for me was during the first act, I was seated behind a giant of a man. I leaned right, then left, then right, etc. It was really tough to see the stage - and I kept worrying about annoying the woman seated behind me. She must have thought I had ants in my pants! Looking across the aisle, I noticed 4 empty seats with unobstructed views, so at intermission, I said to Peder, "Let's move over there!" We did, and had an amazing view of Act 2.

“And it was always said of him, that he knew how to keep Christmas well, if any man alive possessed the knowledge. May that be truly said of us, and all of us! And so, as Tiny Tim observed, God bless Us, Every One!”
Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

No comments: