Thursday, December 27, 2012

A First for Me

Beef pizza
I've been home-bound for five days now, and although I planned ahead for food in my refrigerator and pantry, I didn't plan ahead for a craving.  Since yesterday, I've had a yearning for pizza. So, tonight for the first time ever, I have had a pizza delivered to my home. Oh, I know there are many who order pizza every month, or even every week. I tried to order one several years ago. I called a pizza shop and ordered a hamburger pizza. About 45 minutes later, a young man rang my bell and delivered to me: a hamburger and French fries! What? I ordered a "hamburger" pizza. He called the shop and they told him they thought I said, "A hamburger." So they just added the fries.

My door bell rang about a half hour ago. The nice young man had my order (correct, this time). I paid him a tip and the rest is history. My craving has been satisfied, and I can now say I have ordered a pizza to be delivered to my home.

1 comment:

Hemingway and Shakespeare said...

Looks good!!! I'm sure Nels was very interested in this new concept. Maybe he'll try having catnip delivered.