Friday, February 04, 2011

It's a Red Letter Day!


Not only is it National Heart Day (wear red, people), but it's a red letter day in our family. Josiah, my oldest grandchild, was just awarded "Student of the Month" at his school. This morning Rachel wrote, "I just wanted to let you know that Josiah came home yesterday and announced that he was chosen as "Student of the Month!" He was so excited. This is something he's been talking about for a couple of weeks. His teacher sent me a very complimentary e-mail praising Josiah's intelligence and saying that he is very eager to learn. She said that his handwriting has improved--and we can see that it has dramatically since the beginning of the school year (hard for a leftie!). He was chosen as Student of the Month for having the quality of "responsibility." Josiah is six years old and in the first grade. Naturally, I am a very proud grandma!

I want to brag about him for another thing that happened this week: he took off on his bike with no training wheels and didn't fall once! What a guy!

1 comment:

MamaD4 said...

Thanks for doing the bragging for me Grandma, since I don't have my own place!

I have to take some pictures of him with our yard sign!