Saturday, October 02, 2010

Weekend Events

Rosy

Our view at the Twins' game today

My new Twins' blanket


Last night I took Rosy to see The Sound of Music which was performed by the drama team at my church. I had seen it in the spring when it was performed as a dinner theater venue. It was brought back by popular demand, and enhanced due to using the Sanctuary rather than the Great Room. Rosy had not seen the movie or read anything about the Von Trapp family, but she said she really enjoyed it - especially when the children were on stage. I'm no longer her tutor - a hard decision on my part, but I plan to continue doing things with her from time to time. I think she may have grown two or three inches since May.


This morning I went to the Twins' game with a friend. We took the light-rail downtown and got to the stadium at 10:15. My, it was chilly inside the corridors of Target Field - - and in our seats. We were in the shade AND wind the entire game. It was about 48 degrees at game start (12:10), with a 15+ mph wind. I had brought a blanket and wore a turtle neck, sweat shirt, and a hooded coat, but I still froze. After the 3rd inning, I went to one of the Game Stores and bought another blanket and a head band. We were behind for most of the game, but in the bottom of the 9th inning, with 2 outs and bases loaded, Casilla was up to bat. The count was 3 - 2, when he hit a ground ball to center field, bringing in two runners to end the game. Twins 5; Toronto 4. It was so worth staying for the end of the game!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

We were there too Donna! We were also in the shade---brrr! What a great ending though!!!

Pat said...

Rosey looks so cute. So nice of you to take her to the play.

Good thing it was a good game for the Twins which made it worth it to be cold during the game.

Like the blanket.

MamaD4 said...

Reminds me of the time Hans and I went to a Red Sox game before we got married (in Boston at Fenway)...I have seriously never been so cold in my life! It was mid-May, in the shade and we just froze!

But I'm glad to hear that you had a busy and fun weekend! Thanks for sharing the pictures.