Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Weekend with the Knitters


I LOVED this darling playhouse for Barb's grandchildren.

L to R: Mary, Glady, Louise

Delicious Saturday breakfast!

Pat, describing how to make our candy dish project

My candy dish and spoon before putting the wire trim on it

Gayle and Louise applying their decorative wire trim

L to R: Merrianne, Mary, Glady, Louise, Gayle, Barb (hostess), and Pat

I have some generous friends who share what they have. One particular friend is Barb. Each year she invites our knitting club to come to her cabin. This is the second time I have gotten to be part of the event. We had nine ladies there, and we made a fun craft - a candy dish. Pat is very gifted when it comes to knitting and other crafts, so each year she puts something together that is fun to make and useful.
We had delicious meals (we divide into groups of two or three and provide that meal), shopped in Nisswa, watched the movie For Richer or Poorer - a movie that I find really funny, sat around and talked a lot, helped one of the women tie a quilt for a co-worker, and went to church together on Sunday morning. Everyone had a very nice time.

1 comment:

I Love Barbershop said...

Looks like a lot of wonderful things to do and great friendships.
Is the cabin right on Gull Lake? It is beautiful. My first time being there was at Josh's wedding.