Friday, December 18, 2009

Swedish Smörgåsbord

Some of my friends. Laurey is in the center.

One of many trays of delicious desserts!

Hostesses Barb and Pat

Carin - the winner of the Swedish style show. Carin was born in Sweden.


Last night my knitting club held it's annual Swedish Smörgåsbord. There were 14 of us there, and each one brought something for the event: appetizer, main dish, or dessert. We were to dress in Swedish attire, if we had it in our wardrobe. I don't have any Swedish clothing, so I wore one of my Norwegian sweaters.

The Smörgåsbord was held at Barb's beautiful home. She had every room on the main floor of the house decorated - it was just lovely!

After eating about 3,000 or more calories, we sang some songs, including a few in Swedish (we had the Swedish words on a sheet), told our best Ole and Lena jokes, had a style show, and played a game of "take away" with the gifts we had brought. It was really fun, even though I didn't get home until well after 11 pm.

2 comments:

MamaD4 said...

Where's the lutefisk?

DD4 said...

Thankfully, no one in our group likes lutefisk!