Saturday, December 12, 2009

December - Week 2

As predicted, it was a very busy week for me, but so far - so good.
  • Sunday: I sang in church and afterwards did some Christmas shopping, wrapping gifts, and boxing gifts - some bound for Germany.
  • Monday: First stop: work, then took a little break to run to the post office to mail some packages. After working all day, I tutored Rosy at the One-by-One program.
  • Tuesday: Worked all day and then came home to do laundry and write out my Christmas cards. I had a Hallmark Christmas movie on too, so all in all, my evening was nice.
  • Wednesday: I woke up to 6 or 7 inches of snow; trudged through a knee-high drift of snow outside my front door to my garage. None of the snow had been plowed yet. Since my car is low, I shoveled my entire driveway before attempting to drive out. The temperature was about minus 15 with wind-chill. On my way to work, I dropped my Christmas cards in the box at the post office and then went to work. After work, I drove to church for choir rehearsal which lasted until 9:30. Man, was I tired by the time I got home and fell into bed!
  • Thursday: My morning started by putting together a hot dish for our Christmas pot-luck at work. Once ready for work, I walked out the door - not to return until after our choir dress rehearsal that night - around 9:15. Oh boy, was I tired. Will I make it through the week?
  • Friday: After working all day, I got home to have a little dinner and then dressed for our first Christmas concert. The concert went very well - the music was inspirational. Rachel's mom and dad came up for it, so I got to spend a little time with them at the conclusion. Most of our conversation was filled with how much we miss Hans, Rachel, Josiah, Annika and little Will. We're as anxious to have them home as they are in coming home.
  • Today: Well, I'm trying to catch up on some house-work, correspondence, etc. Tonight I have another concert performance.
  • Tomorrow: I'll be singing at church in the morning and then performing in the afternoon concert. Aunt Liz, Pat, Janet and Jerry are coming to this concert and we're going out to eat afterwards. I'm really looking forward to that.
It's been busy, but not that bad. I've had some fun, eaten way too much from the goodies put out at the office, enjoyed the Christmas cards that have arrived, and sung along with the many beautiful Christmas pieces on the radio or CD player (yes, I'm too old fashioned to have an Ipod).

No comments: