Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas


Once again, my kids are scattered around the world on Christmas Day. Hans, Rachel, Josiah, Annika, and baby Will are in Germany; Heidi, Chad, Marshall, and Brian are in Seattle; Peder, Sarah and Aurelia are here in Minnesota. Oh, how nice it would be if we could all be together - maybe next year.

I'm looking forward to Peder and his family coming to my home for Christmas Dinner. Hopefully they'll be able to get through the snow storm we're having.

My mind goes to Mary and Joseph, on that night so long ago. I'm sure they missed being with their family members, too. They had a new baby, their first, and with no phones or computers, they couldn't share their news. I wonder when Mary's mom and dad learned they were grandparents? I wonder how old Jesus was before they got to meet him? How long did they stay at the stable? When did John, Jesus' cousin, get to first play with Jesus? These are things I can only ponder.

I wish my readers a very Merry Christmas. Even though we are not together, you're in my thoughts and prayers.

No comments: