Thursday, December 03, 2009

December - week one

Every year the month of December is busy - this year is no exception. I could go to a concert or play twice every weekend, if I chose to do so. Added to that I'm tutoring and attending choir rehearsals, plus it's busy at work. Another popular event during December is eating. Everywhere you turn, there are treats. Today we had had a special treat at work - three of our authors treated the entire office to pizza, pop, cheesecake and cookies. One of the authors sent a poem in which she said something like take a nice, long lunch because you're over-worked and under-paid. Talk about spreading goodwill!

I'm not complaining, mind you. I like December, and I like treats. The Christmas decorations and lights bring cheer to the darkness - the sun sets around 4:30 in the afternoon now. I love the Christmas music, too. I never tire of the Christmas carols. And the plays and pageants draw me in. One play I'm looking forward to seeing this December is The Best Christmas Pageant Ever! If you've never seen it or read the book by the same title, I highly recommend it.

1 comment:

MamaD4 said...

Gosh, I haven't seen that movie for years, but I remember it fondly! Josiah just asked tonight if we could watch "The Polar Express"...it's pretty good too, if you haven't seen it.