Friday, March 07, 2008

Another Busy Week

It's been another busy week. Here's a re-cap:

  • Monday: after working all day, I went to One by One to tutor Rosy. We went to the computer lab for our first time and had fun playing one of the games wherein spelling words correctly, Rosy added bricks to a tower. (Sorry, I can't remember the name of the game.)
  • Tuesday: I worked again. Then went to Rosy's school concert with her dad and little sister. Her mother had a cold and had to stay home. Rosy attends a charter school. I got to meet her teacher and a few of her friends. What an enjoyable concert!
  • Wednesday: I worked all day and went home to rest. Routinely I go to choir rehearsals on Wednesday nights, but since I will be going to Rochester for Janet's birthday this coming Sunday, I took the night off. It felt very good to stay home. Also, I got to talk to Heidi while she and Brian were out for a walk. Talking to my kids is priceless.
  • Thursday: I worked again (no surprise here. I like my job!). After dinner I picked up Rosy and her aunt (a 5th grader) and we went to see the movie Evan Almighty. We all enjoyed it. If you haven't seen it, consider doing so.
  • Friday: Of course I worked all day, and then drove to my friend's house to take her cat to the vet for a saline IV treatment while she is on vacation. The hardest part of the ordeal was getting Jasmine to come out from under the bed. Once I got Jasmine back home, I took off and met my dear friends, Lil and Jim, at a restaurant for dinner. They were in Minnesota for a funeral of their friend. It sure was good to see them again. I met them for the first time 20 years ago tomorrow.
  • Saturday: In the afternoon I'll be attending the farewell reception for our company's president and his wife, vice president. I'm looking forward to seeing some of our authors and some folks who no longer work at our company. I've been asked to film parts of the festivities.
I don't enjoy being so busy, but am happy I was able to participate in these events. Thankfully I don't have to get up early tomorrow morning (no alarm). Yay!

No comments: