Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year - 2007!



New Year's eve I spent in Rochester with my brother and sister. I had planned on going there two weeks earlier, but had a fall on some ice and couldn't sit in the car for the drive to their home. We had a very nice time together - - baking the cut out sugar cookies we had wanted to make prior to Christmas. They have a wonderful kitchen for baking and decorating cookies!

A favorite thing for us to do during the holidays is drive around looking at Christmas lights. Once it got dark, we drove through several neighborhoods. Many of them were beautiful. Midway, we stopped at a local restaurant for a little dinner. While we were there, we noticed it had begun to snow. Continuing on to view more lights, the new snow made the displays look "magical."

Another family tradition is eating the English Plum Pudding lovingly made by my Aunt Liz. When I saw her on Saturday, she gave me a pudding to take to Rochester. Janet and I made the frothy vanilla sauce and the three of us had it for dessert on New Year's Day. It was delicious!! Complements to the cook!

[I got a voicemail this morning from Hans. They arrived home safely around 10 am today. Thank you, Lord, for keeping them safe and sound!]

Some people see starting a new year as a time to make resolutions or goals. For me, I think of it as a time for giving thanks that I have had another year to enjoy my family and friends. Here's to more memories. . .

3 comments:

Brian said...

Looks yummy! How fun!
Did you make any chicken flavor?

DD4 said...

Brian, we made no chicken flavored cookies this time, but maybe we will when I come out to see you next time.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the cookies Aunt Donna! They ARE delicious!

It was nice seeing you last Sunday.