Monday, July 17, 2006

My Daughter Gets Her Wish. . .





On my last post, I reported that Heidi and Chad were going out to eat on Saturday in celebration of Heidi's birthday. They had done the same thing on Tuesday for Chad's birthday. Well. . . yesterday they phoned to tell me they had gone skydiving - dropping out of a plane at 13,000 feet! I guess they thought they should tell me after the deed was done! When I asked what would have happened had they both been killed, you know, like "Would I be taking care of Brian?", they responded, "No, Chad's father and sister get Brian if something happens to us." So, I inquired further with, "Well, what do I get then?" [I know, you're thinking that this is a dumb question - but you have to know our family to understand this humor (Is it humor, or are we just plain wicked?!)] To which they replied, "If we die together, you can have your dishes back," followed by lots of laughter.

Actually, they both loved it. I can't imagine doing that - - EVER!

5 comments:

Brian said...

We jumped at 13,000 feet.
Heidi

carrster said...

Wow! What an incredible experience!!

DD4 said...

Heidi, I'll make the correction.

Thanks! (I'm still proud of you!)

Mom

-Peder said...

It looks like lots of fun to me. I'm kinda jealous...

MamaD4 said...

Looks like fun to me too, though I would be way to chicken to try it. Hans almost had me talked into it, I think we made a bet (I'll leave the details out of it) and he lost. If he had won, we would have jumped. I would have too, if he could have fulfilled his end of the bet. Anyway. No one worry about the dishes. I have plenty of cupboard space!