While reflecting on my past week, I realized I have had an excellent number of days:
- Last Saturday: a family reunion for my father's side of the family in St. Peter, MN.
- Sunday: time spent worshipping our Lord with my friends; phone conversation with my friend Lil.
- Monday: renewing my friendship with Sandy (see entry on 7/10).
- Tuesday: Chad's birthday (my son-in-law), and my annual singing of "Happy Birthday" to him. Phone conversation with my friend Cassie. Chat with my mother-in-law. She's thrilled to be leaving the nursing home and going home on Monday.
- Wednesday: My dear friend Florine's birthday; Rachel's parents' surprise visit to my office. How fun! I hope they come again. :-)
- Thursday: phone conversations with Florine and Peder.
- Friday: Lunch at the home of a choir friend, along with other choir friends; delightful phone call from Rachel, with sounds of my darling grandchildren in the background.
- Saturday (today): Heidi's birthday! She'll be walking 8 miles today as part of her training for the 3 day, 60 mile walk in August for breast cancer, then eating out with Chad at one of her favorite restaurants - Chili's. Happy Birthday, Heidi! Wish I could join you.
It's a good time to recount my blessings:
- My kids and their spouses, and my grandchildren.
- My brother and sister and her kids and her grandchildren.
- My two aunts, my uncle, and all of my cousins.
- My kids' spouses' parents and siblings.
- My friends.
- My pets (Tweety- a canary, and Cleo - a betta fish).
- My co-workers. My job.
- My dwelling and car.
- Travel I have been privileged to have.
- Good health, good attitude, my faith, and a hope in the future.
- . . . I know I'm missing some things, but may add to this list as I think of them.
Now, back to reading the paper, cross-stitching for awhile, watching a movie or two, and whatever else that comes to mind. I hope to stay cool and not fret about the heat outdoors!