Thursday, May 04, 2006

April Cornell

About 6 or 7 years ago, I took a part-time position at a lovely dress shop for women and little girls - April Cornell http://shop.store.yahoo.com/cornell/. I still wear many of the dresses and use the linens and dishes that I was able to buy there - at 50% off!! That perc made it difficult for me to discontinue working there! Anyway, it is sad for me to tell you that all of her stores are closing due to bankruptcy. If you have one in your area, you have about one more week to shop there as it will close after the 15th. I shopped in my local store last week for my last spree. (sigh!)

2 comments:

Peder said...

Aren't you glad to have your nights free?

DD4 said...

I haven't worked there in over 4 years, and have since seemed to fill up many of my nights. I must admit that I thought about inquiring about a part-time position there again now that I have a darling granddaughter and could get beautiful dresses for her at wonderful prices. I guess I'll have to get out my sewing machine to try to replicate some of their designs for little Annika.