Sunday, August 04, 2013

My Birthday, Part 2

The older I get, the longer my birthday seems to last, and I love it! I love spending time with my family and with my friends. Today my sister, cousin and dear friends met at Redstone for a delicious brunch. I have loved everything I have ordered at Redstone, and the wait staff has always been top notch.

L to R: Joanne, Pat, Bonnie, Laurey, Yours truly (holding the traveling birthday bear), Nancy, and Janet.

Scrambled eggs w/cheese, smoked applewood bacon, hash browns, whole wheat toast, strawberry/rhubarb jam

After eating and opening cards and gifts, the amazing banana cream pie was delivered to our table with a lighted sparkler that burned and sparkled for quite awhile. At the same time my family and friends, plus the birthday bear, were singing "Happy Birthday" to me. Other guests clapped when the singing was finished. What fun!

Pat, Janet and I shopped a bit after eating and then had a nice visit in my screened porch. I sure enjoyed this beautiful weekend!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Ummm banana cream pie! I'm glad you had a great birthday weekend.