Sunday, August 18, 2013

Fairy-tale Wedding

I attended a fairy-tale wedding today – or one as close to a storybook ending I have ever seen. Twenty eight years ago Jenny and Carlton started dating. They dated for seven years, but broke up just a couple of months after their daughter was born. After that, they both led lives they weren't proud of, and many mistakes were made. But just last fall, their daughter managed to get them together for an event, and things led to them dating once again. After forgiving each other for mistakes that were made, Carlton proposed marriage to Jenny.

I have been to many weddings, but none that held the emotions of this one. During the reception, Christina, maid of honor and daughter of the bride and groom, said "I never thought I would be giving a toast at my mother and father's wedding." There wasn't a dry eye in the place.

L to R: Carlton, Jennifer, Austin (Jennifer's son), Sharon—Jennifer's mother and one of my very dear friends, and Christina, daughter of Carlton and Jennifer. I am so happy for this family and wish them only the very best!

1 comment:

Pat said...

Awww--what a neat wedding. How very romantic. Sounds like it was beautiful. I am going to want to hear more about it.