Friday, July 08, 2011

Hazel Eyes


It's been a month since I had my first cataract surgery and a little more than a couple of weeks since the second one. Today I had my final check-up and I'm happy to report everything looks fine. A reading lens was implanted in my right eye and a distance lens in my left. So, here are my vision scores: right eye - 20/15 (easily reading the lowest line on the chart!); left eye: 20/25.
The past couple of weeks I have been getting around with no glasses - I have many pairs, but not a one is the correct prescription. For the most part, it has been fine. But when driving, I find I have to be a bit closer to signs to read them. My doctor said I would easily pass the driving eye test, but I don't feel comfortable driving this way, and want to be sure I can see other things at a distance clearly, such as movies, the stage at the theater, and TV programs. So, I'll be getting glasses, which is fine with me.

1 comment:

MamaD4 said...

I like your glasses and think your colorful pairs are cute! It would be strange not to wear glasses after so many years of having them.