Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Record Broken



Today we reached 103 degrees - the hottest spot in the nation! It broke all records here. Why, oh why, must we go from the freezer to the oven? Yes, we talk about the weather a lot in Minnesota. I think it's because we have such extremes and it's rare that we have a perfect day.



What in my mind is a "perfect" day? I like the temperature to be somewhere between 65 and 75 degrees with low humidity. It's true, I have a small comfort zone.



Last Sunday was a perfect day for me. I enjoyed eating my lunch followed by reading a book out on my patio. A neighbor stopped by and we had a nice visit. There was a breeze. The temperature was 73. Birds sang in the trees. Nels sat at my screen door and enjoyed watching them. I wished we could have had 90 more days just like it. But here we are on Tuesday. It's 9:25 pm and 96 degrees outside.

No comments: